Puppy Play Groups
The best and cutest hour of the week.
Our trainer supervised playgroups are a terrific way to help socialize your puppy to other puppies and their people. In addition to the benefits regarding healthy play interactions, you will also benefit from a happily tired-out pup!
We are thrilled to announce that puppy play groups are back! Play groups have been reformatted for COVID-19 considerations. Puppies will be dropped off curbside to the supervising trainer. Puppies will be returned to their people curbside at the end of play group. Pet parents will not be in attendance during play groups. Please read details below. You can reserve your spot(s) by contacting us at info@AndreaArden.com. Be sure to include your pup’s date of birth and breed/mix.
Puppy Play Groups are somewhat like kindergarten playtime for children. Some pups charge right in and are the life of the party from the get go. They might even be so enthusiastic that other pups choose not to interact with them. Other pups are a bit more cautious, and take time to become socially engaged. They might at first choose to hide under a chair and watch the other pups play.
Wherever your puppy starts off on the socialization spectrum, trainer moderated puppy play groups are a vital part of them learning to be comfortable with their own species and with people outside of their home. The over the top enthusiastic puppy will benefit from learning to modify and tone down their interactions, and the more reserved pup will become familiar with and more confident in regards to playing with other dogs.
We provide an environment where puppies and their people feel safe in this endeavor, and the moderating trainer is available for questions or concerns, so please don’t hesitate to make use of them as a valuable puppy parenting resource.
- For puppies 8-20 weeks old.
- For puppies of all mixes, breeds, and sizes.
- The fee is $30 per pup, per visit.
- Advanced registration & payment via Venmo is required. There will be no transfers for play group registrations. Please do not ask us to make an exception.
- Curbside drop-off and pick-up.
- Puppies must be picked up promptly at the end of play group.
- The play groups are run by our trainers without pet parents in attendance.
- In order to attend you must bring with you a hard copy (no screen shots) of your pup’s vaccination records which has been signed by your veterinarian. No puppy will be admitted without this as it is required by the Health Department.
- For dogs under 4 months of age, at least one round of vaccines is required. For dogs 4 months (16 weeks) or older a record of their vaccinations must be signed by your veterinarian and include vaccine for rabies, parainfluenza, adenovirus, bordatella, and distemper. If your veterinarian chooses not to give your pup one or more of these vaccines at the time, we must have a signed letter from them stating that it is contraindicated. Entry to play groups and group classes is not permitted without required, veterinarian signed proof of vaccinations or a signed letter from the veterinarian stating they are contraindicated at the time. This is required by the Health Department.
- First round of shots must have been completed at least 7 days prior to first playtime. We follow the American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior’s recommendations regarding socializing and training puppies as it relates to their vaccine schedule.
- Please contact us for days/times/locations