Puppy Play Groups
Make Time for Puppy PlayStart Now
We brought puppy play groups to NYC 28 years ago. Due to current conditions, puppies are dropped off and picked up (pet parents are not in attendance) for the one hour play groups for puppies 8-20 weeks old (count out weeks from date of birth) and are moderated by two trainers in spaces that are separated into two areas. Please carefully read details prior to registering.
Our trainer supervised puppy play groups are held at three locations (Dog Spa 32 West 25th St, Camp Canine 46 West 73rd St, and Beasty Feast 327 West 14th St) and are a terrific way to help socialize your pup. In addition to the benefits of healthy play interactions, you will also benefit from a happily tired-out pup!
- There are no transfers to other sessions or parties, nor refunds for play group registrations. Please do not ask us to make an exception. When registering you are agreeing to this policy.
- Please arrive at least five minutes prior to the group. Late arrivals are not accomodated and will not be offered a refund or transfer. Once all pups are in the training space, neither trainer will leave and we can't ask staff at the different locations to assist in bringing pups to us. Please do not request an exception.
- Please arrive at least five minutes prior to the play session end time. Arriving even a few minutes late delays the pick up process for all and may delay the group class and private lesson schedule.
- Everyone must wear a mask and maintain 6 feet of distance (other than when briefly passing a pup from one person to another). Please have just one person briefly interact with the trainer.
- We are taking videos and photos at play groups which are posted to our Instagram stories. Our Instagram account is AndreaArdenDogTraining. We are not able to send each pet parent videos and photos as we are running multiple play groups each week.
- Play groups are currently reserved for our training students.
Health Department mandated proof of vaccines, which vary according to age, are required. You may upload via the link in your confirmation email or send to us at email@example.com.
For dogs under 16 weeks, at least one round of vaccines is required. The veterinarian’s signature is not required on this document for dog’s under 16 weeks of age.
For dogs 16 weeks and older, the Health Department requires a signature from the veterinarian and vaccines must include rabies, parvovirus, parainfluenza, adenovirus, bordatella, and distemper. If your veterinarian chooses not to give your pup one or more of these vaccines, we must have a signed letter from them stating that it is contraindicated.
There are no transfers to other sessions or parties, nor refunds for play group registrations. Please do not ask us to make an exception. When registering you are agreeing to this policy.
Learn more about the benefits of early puppy training and socialization:
If you are a new puppy parent please take a look at the following letter from Dr. R.K. Anderson, which specifically addresses the issue of puppy vaccinations and socialization: Puppy Socialization