We hope you are well during this very challenging time.
We have been working on a reopening plan that follows the stages and guidelines set by Governor Cuomo and the CDC.
We are committed to reopening in gradual and thoughtful steps because we take our commitment to the safety of our students, instructors, and our community seriously. We must all be 100% committed to following safety protocols and procedures.
We have resumed puppy play groups in a modified format, in that puppies will be dropped off and picked up by their person. Pet parents will not be in attendance at these trainer moderated play groups
We have resumed private lessons outdoors or at one of our training spaces which are large enough to allow for at least 15 feet of social distance.
We do not as yet have a date for when we will be starting small group classes, but have developed protocols below for when we do.
We ask for your assistance as we navigate new conditions to safely meet the needs of students. Everyone must follow safety procedures. Please take this seriously. Failure to do so will result in being excused from sessions.
The following steps and procedures are to ensure the safety of instructors, students, and out community:
- Rigorous cleaning and sanitizing protocols throughout the day.
- Each chair, door handle, crate and equipment used will be disinfected between every session.
- Requiring ALL students and instructors to wear masks that cover their nose and mouth at all times.
- Strict adherence to social distancing of at least 6 feet. Markers are placed on the floor as clear social distance guides.
- Class curriculums may change to accommodate social distancing.
- Classes will run for 45 minutes in order to increase the comfort of everyone having to wear a mask.
- Limiting training teams to one dog and one handler. No additional family members or friends.
- Limiting class size to 4 teams of one person and one dog.
- So as to minimize possible contamination, all students must bring their own sanitizing wipes for their own use.
- All students must bring their own drinking water and bowl for their dog.
- No exchange of items at the building or leaving things for others to pick up.
- No students will handle any equipment, the instructor will do so.
- DO NOT ATTEND A SESSION IF YOU HAVE ANY ILLNESS even if you are not running a fever, if you don’t feel well, please stay home. The same applies for your dog.
- Students may not linger outside of the building by the entrances or on the sidewalk directly in front of the building if it is not possible for another student passing you on the sidewalk to maintain at least 6 feet of social distance due to the width of the sidewalk.
- Any student registering for classes MUST respect that every individual has a different comfort level for social distancing. If you believe that you are at least 6 feet from a student or 6 feet away from the building entrance, but a student or instructor asks you to step further away for them to traverse past you, you MUST do so.
We will be heavily relying on all of our students and instructors to make sure all are complying with the Safety Procedures Plan. Anyone not following the procedures will be asked to leave immediately and will not receive a credit, make-up class, or refund.
We will continue to follow New York State guidelines & orders as NYS reopens. We will adjust the calendar for 2020 according to the timing of this reopening. Continue to check our schedule on our website.
Thank you for your continued support.
Please direct any questions to me at info@AndreaArden.com