Small Dog Play Groups
Make time for play.
We created the concept of small dog play groups in 2001 to provide small dogs with positive social interactions on a regular basis; Our goal being to help dog parents have a place where they could confidently provide their dogs with opportunities to develop, maintain and improve their social skills, and have an outlet for their physical and mental energy. Finding safe and fun opportunities for dog play in New York City can be challenging, especially for those who have concerned about the cleanliness and safety of dog runs. Our trainer moderated small dog play groups are for dogs over 5 1/2 months old that weigh under 20 pounds and have not exhibited aggression issues to people or dogs. If you are concerned about your dog’s appropriateness for playgroups, please contact us to discuss.
- For dogs over 5.5 months old, 20 pounds and under
- For dogs with no aggression issues
- For dogs of all mixes, breeds, and sizes
- The fee is $15 per pup, per visit
- No advanced registration is necessary
- For dogs over the age of 4 months (16 weeks) a record of their vaccinations must include a certificate of rabies vaccination signed by your veterinarian. Entry to play groups is not permitted without proof of rabies vaccination for dogs 16 weeks of age and older, as it is required by the Health Department.
Play groups are currently on hold and will resume in the fall.